1. Who is POE ?
POE is manufacturer specializing in1-40layer PCB prototyping, low-volume production and PCB Assembly service
under one stop contract solution. POE based in shenzhen, serving the world. POE strives to be the easiest manufacturer for engineers to work with and the lifelong partners for your products brand.
2. How do you order components for my PCBA projects?
We order volume quantities if the parts in your Bill of Materials are common, and none remain in our inventory. If we generally keep your chosen parts in stock, you will pay little or nothing for these components. For uncommon parts listed in your BOM, we usually order 5% or 5 spare parts (depending on size and cost) to accomplish your order without missing parts or shortages due to Production Loss. We cover the cost of production loss on our end, so you never have to worry about paying extra. If we encounter any Issues With BOM Components, such as a large minimum order for a certain part, we will communicate with you to find the best solution. POE has 35 sourcing engineering team workers to handle all bom parts quote and procurement, we do quote in 24hours or the longest 7days depending the bom; we procure all parts both within China and outside of China. That is to say, we have good price from our local distributors or suppliers which we worked with more than 10years, we buy internationally too.
3. What is the lead time on a turn-key order?
The overall project Lead Time is the sum Parts Procurement lead time and PCB Assembly lead time. However, we try to shorten the time line by streamlining our PCB Assembly Process. For instance, once we receive your Gerber Files for PCB Fabrication and BOM for PCB Assembly, we will start to prepare the stencil for your board and complete the fabrication concurrently with the parts procurement process. for more information, please visit pcb assembly capability
4. What files and documents do you request for my PCBA orders?
1. Bill of Materials, complete information in excel format. This document should include manufacturer names, part numbers, Reference Designators, component descriptions, and quantities.
2. Gerber Files
3. Centroid Data (AKA Pick and Place or XY-Coordinate Data)
4. Other requirements or assembly instructions if applicable
5. Can you do a partial assembly?
Yes, we do partial assemblies. Please tell us which components you do not want to be placed by noting in your BOM “Do Not Include (DNI)” or DNP ( Do not Placed ) or NO need assembly
6. What are the techniques used in SMT Assembly?
SMT Assembly involves the following
Application of solder paste
Placing the components
Soldering the boards with a reflow process.
7. Can Manual Soldering be used in SMT printed circuit board assembly process?
Yes, a combination of both manual soldering and automated soldering can be used. Manual soldering only for prototypes if no special request (machine is a must)
8. What are the advantages of Surface Mount (SMT) PCB Assembly?
SMT PCB come with a wide range of advantages, the most important ones being the fact that they are suited for printed circuit boards which offer small size and reduced weight.
9. Can you source some parts for my assembly?
Yes. This practice is called partial Turn-key. You can supply some parts, and we source the rest of the parts on your behalf. We will ask for your approval for anything that is not sure at our side. In case parts crossing or substitution is needed, we will again ask for your final approval.
10. Do you assemble BGA? Any special requirement on this?
Yes, We have the ability to handle BGA of 0.25mm pitch with X-ray testing. For BGAs, there are two designs with via on pad and via near pad connected by shorter trace. We need to tent and fill any vias near pad of the BGAs with solder mask to ensure the soldering quality. But for vias on pad, we need to fill via with resin to make sure good soldering quality.
11.How do you handle the excessive and unused parts?
Excessive parts do exist because we will ask for some percentage of overage for consigned/kitted orders, or we will buy more for the same purpose for those Turn-key orders. You can either ask us to ship back to you these unused parts together with the loaded boards, or keep them in our shelf for your next order. All up to you. For testing and evaluation purposes in your lab, you can also order the regular parts from us for free. Please don't forget to inquire with us when your PCBs are ready for shipment.
12.Is your assembly RoHS Compliant?
Yes, it is fully RoHS compliant, and if necessary, we can also provide lead-containing PCBA services.
13.Do you cater SMT prototype boards?
Yes, we are fully equipped to handle your any kind of custom SMT prototype board requirements.
MOQ is 1PCS .
14. What if I find any defects or problems after I received your assembled boards?
Defects and problems may occur from time to time, as PCBA is a complex work which involves many details. If you find any defects or problems, please let us know immediately, and we will evaluate and review the problems, and we will make a decision of how to remedy. We will either repair/rework or remake your boards. In case we need the defective boards, we may ask you to send them back to us. We guarantee a functional board in your hand! Business is lifelong cooperation, we value all our distinguished customers.
15. What is Centroid data?
Centroid data (AI, Pick-and-place or XY data) - This is the machine file, which should include: X, Y, Side of Board (Top or Bottom), and Reference Designator. It is used by our Automated PCB Assembly machines to determine where each part should be located on the board.
16. Do you accept to assemble the boards that are not made by POE?
Yes, it is ok, but We offer the PCB fabrication
, parts sourcing and PCB assembly in a continuous and smooth manner to save our customer’s time and money.
17. How do I need to supply my components?
1. Each bag, tray, etc. should be clearly marked with the part number, reference designators that is listed on your bill of materials.
2. Components which are sensitive to moisture or static must be packaged in compliance with their storage requirement.
3. SMT components provided must be sealed tightly or taped firmly. Sending them loose may cause components damage and the production delay.
4. POE has both warehouse in HK and shenzhen and soon we will have warehouse in singapore . We hope you can mark on any individual package or box with the corresponding line number on BOM, manufacturer’s part# or customer’s part#, quantities. A detailed packing list is preferred to enable us to count and check upon receipt of your parts. On the outside box, please mark : sales name in POE +POE customers# (Each customer will have a ID number in our ERPsystem, please consult your sales executive) An example below.
18. What is your requirement on the parts overages for consigned/kitted PCBA?
Unused and excessive parts supplied by you or purchased by us will not be returned by default. If you want the parts to be sent back to you with the assembled boards, please contact your service representative or make a note on your related order, and let us know which parts to send.SMT parts which are not supplied on reels should be on one continuous strip of tape. If you need to assemble the same SMT part in different boards, do not cut them into strips, please keep them in the continuous strip of tape or on the reels. A small number of excess(1-5 pieces based on the total quantity of assemblies) is requested for expensive parts such as IC, BGA, QFP, Connectors, etc., this will ensure smooth assembling and shipping your assembled boards on time. If you have any question or doubt, please send more extra or contact us for answers.
19. How do you quote the total price of PCBA service?
The cost of PCBA which include the PCB unit cost, pcb probeflying test or E-test, tooling, laser cut steel stencil, and labor. In case of Turn-key or partial Turn-key PCBA, the cost of parts (BOM) will be added.
20. Why do I need to panelize my boards?
Panelization is needed when your PCB dimension is smaller than 50mmx100mm, or when your PCB is of any shapes (circular, or odd shape) other than rectangle, your boards must be panelized in an array for assembly. As we also fabricate your PCB for you, so once we start fabricating your boards we will have the panelization file (solder paste data), we will transfer the data to PCBA department to create the stencil to match the panelized PCB.
21. Why do I need to design Break-away Rails (Break-away Tabs) ?
If the clearance between the board’s edge and copper features is less than 3.5mm (138mil), or your boards need to be panelized for some reason, Break-away rails (Break-away tabs) must be added at the two longer paralleled edges of the boards to ensure that the boards can be assembled by the machine. This enables the boards can be processed by the SMT machine.
22. How should I ship packages to POE ?
POE PRECISION ELECTRONICS CO., LTD //WANFENG CIRCUIT(HK) CO., LTD
POE China Factory:Floor 3,Jinyuan Industrial Park,No.56 Tangtou Avenue,ShiyanTown, Baoan,SZ Atten: Liurongqi 13802701506
POE HK Warehouse:
POE PRECISION ELECTRONICS CO.,LTD
INDUSTRIAL CENTRE, 220-248 TEXACO ROAD,TSUEN WAN,N.T.,HONG KONG. Elaine Wong
Direct Line : (852) 2891-6120
Whether ship to HK or China factory directly, please check with POE sales
Thanks for choosing POE!